Saturday, February 14, 2009

Ride of the Remains

Remains of...

...my water bottle in a trash can in little Nashville after shattering on Lanam Ridge while taking a drink.

...roads chewed up from snow, ice, plows, salt, sand, etc.

...snow on the hillsides untouched by the sun.

...my pride--dropped like an anvil--on Bear Wallow Hill when it felt like my brakes were rubbing during the entire climb.

...admiration & amazement at my husband who hasn't been riding at all and still managed to pull me at surprising speeds.

...dead fish in Lake Lemon that attracted no fewer than 2,000 seagulls. Much to our delight, we also saw 3 adolescent and 1 mature bald eagles.

...my warmth left behind on Shuffle Creek when the sun didn't even bother to say hi.

...illusions of fitness for the first DINO race checked at the door as this was a humbling 32-mile ride.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

its still 2.5 months before the first DINO race!

Bear Wallow - nice!

Anonymous said...

Buck up little camper...
Spring is just around the corner!
~Season