Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Independently Wealthy-2

Part 2 of my Independently Wealthy series where I will highlight at least one thing on my mind recently that I want or want to do--if I ever strike it rich.


Garmin Edge 705 WITH maps and all the cycling accessories

Yes, this little gadget fits a lot into the mix.

-Heart rate monitor
-Speed/cadence sensor
-Stores custom created workouts
-Pace alert
-Interval training
-Barometric altimeter
-Unit-to-unit transfer
-Power meter compatible w/ ANT+ enabled power meters
-MAPS
-MicroSD card

With all the goodies, it's still under $1K, but I already have 2-3 gadgets that do most this stuff. (Maps are the exception; my GPS unit downloads the waypoints, but I can't view them while riding.)


So, I'm too cheap to buy this and can't justify it. Therefore, it goes in my wish list. And by the time my other techno widgets become obsolete, maybe there will be a better version of the Garmin Edge 705--like one that automatically routes my bike rides around ice cream parlors!