Saturday, May 15, 2010

Independently Wealthy-1

I think I need to start my "Independently Wealthy" series. This is where I just highlight one of the things I would do or buy if I were Independently Wealthy. Granted, there isn't enough space allocated to me by Blogspot to show everything, so these posts will likely be random.

Today, Mr. Wonderful was talking about an acquaintance who recently went on a motorcycle trip. With his newly purchased Kawasaki KLR, this guy rode his dual-purpose (off road/on road) bike to Story, IN on some backroads. Then, the clan met up and journeyed over some gravel roads, dirt roads, trails and through creeks! Yes, there is a cult of some sort where people as geeky as mountain bike riders jazz up their rides and do crazy things! I LOVE IT! I think I should get in to it. I already have a motorcycle endorsement on my license; that's a start, right????

Imagine all the cool gear and skillz I could pick up if I were to buy one of these. The bikes themselves are around $6,000 MSRP--hell, some bicycles cost more than that. So, it's not a huge cost, but I would need lots of time off to go play, lots of new gear, lots of goodies and adaptations for the bike, and lots of lessons. Therefore, this interest, for now, goes in my Independently Wealthy Wishful Thinking series.




1 comment:

cheryl said...

oh boy, I can see you on tha thing, in another 100 pounds!