Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hilly Hundred

Yeah - here's a late report from Angela on this year's Hilly Hundred. A good time was had by all! Fifty miles each day on Saturday and Sunday rewarded us with the excuse to eat not-so-healthy food as we basked in some sunshine and relished the time with our friends from near and afar (AZ & PA). In fact, I had ice cream twice on Saturday during the ride and a Pepsi afterward!



Below are some pics. I'm still not very adept at riding without my hands on the bars, so I missed out on capturing some of the highlights. Nevertheless, my (not-so) favorite hills such as Mt. Tabor, Bean Blossom, Water Tower, and others defined the title of this annual, epic event. The Autumn leaves were gorgeous; I can't wait to do it again.



Route profiles from the Hilly Hundred website:







Everyone looks engrossed in their own Hilly thoughts & tasks in this group shot:




The costume contest may need reconsideration:








And, of course, the scraps of a Hilly lunch: fried chicken, ice cream, cookies, etc.





No comments: