Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Back in the Swing of Things....

Hallelujah! Last week Brian (who I refer to as 'Dr. Feelgood'--not to his face, of course) continued healing my ITB woes with Active Release Techniques. After the 4th and final session, I was clear to start exercising again. Granted, I still get to do stretches and a little physical therapy but I should be doing that stuff anyway.

Sunday was unseasonably warm but the roads were still a mess. Energized with warm temps and clearance to ride, I embarked on a 3-hour paved/gravel road journey taking the opportunity to explore some new scenery. And for my shameless product plug.....I wore my new Lake Cycling Boots. These are awesome! Jason and others have been touting the benefits, but I was always too cheap to make the plunge. I was wrong to have waited. They are totally worth every penny.




After some weights on Monday, I tried running again on Tuesday. I got to mile 3 when I started to feel a hot spot by my knee (presumably the ITB again). So I worried and overanalyzed for the next .7 miles back to the gym, but I think it will be OK. With ice on it as I type, my worries are lessening. Onward and upward.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

ok, it works... my real comment was...

the only problem with having those boots is now you can't use cold feet as an excuse not to ride! ;-)