Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All play and no work

I am the luckiest girl in the whole world. While the husband is being industrious, I still get to go ride my bicycle, race, and play. I do what I can for him and his friends such as make cupcakes, make dinner, and clean up.

Sometimes I question whether or not 'industrious' is the right word. On Saturday, I attended my family reunion and panic set in when I checked my e-mail on my iphone (how cool is that?). In my Inbox I found a new message from Mr. Wonderful--a rarity! The subject line read, "love you." Knowing it would not be an angelic chain message professing his love, admiration, and gratefulness of the last 15 years of our lives together, I groaned as the pic loaded.

And the destruction of our basement wall continued. We would sleep Saturday night with an open house--open to the raccoons, the foxes, the owls, the spiders, the snakes, the creepy-crawlies, the cat with the bell, the cat without a bell, and whatever else lurks in the woods behind our house. Had there been a panther sighting recently? I haven't heard about it in a few months, so I guess we were safe.

Redeeming himself, Jason worked hard the following day to secure the basement wall and ensure the house is weather-proof before Thursday's impending rain.

Meanwhile, the garage is slowly making headway while we still wait for windows, doors, and siding.


The loft is a nice feature, but I'm not fond of the ship's ladder. This is a very steep staircase and doesn't offer the nice amenities of handrails and such, but the benefit is space conservation. I don't like it. Mr. Logic pointed out that the loft is not someplace we will frequent; rather, it's for long-term storage. Whatever, it's a man-cave, and I don't have input for this attribute.



I would be remiss if I didn't display a present bought for me with projects in mind. (Am I playing too much?) This is an electric screwdriver to help make projects I've been assigned much easier. Project #1 - new hinges on the kitchen cabinets. And golly, doesn't it still prove I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world? Sorry ladies.


So now the race is on to finish (outdoor) projects before Summer slips into Autumn. More busy days ahead, and the bike events continue through October.

The cool nights have been awesome; sleeping with the windows open is such a treat. Winter can stay away for a while. Life is good.

1 comment:

Stan said...

Jason designs a nice garage! There's nothing wrong with those stairs. You're such a girl. Go ham!