Thursday, July 23, 2009

Unexpected thrills

So many things have happened lately that just make me smile. Here are a few I remember in no particular order:

--Intervals; yes they are painfully hard but the feeling afterwards is rewarding.

--Upcoming girls' trip; we're not just talking about it; we're actually going to do it!

--Watching a mtb race; last weekend I watched a road crit and a mtb race. Who knew spectating could be so much fun? The guy who got me in to riding bikes was the victor as he reminisced about racing (and winning) the same course 20 years ago.

--Riding Big Wheel, my 29er, while the other bike is receiving some TLC.

--Red peppers in and on everything; a new healthy food I like and some pizza places offer them as a topping!

--Helping with house projects; I operated a saw and a drill and was quite productive. Additionally, people witnessed my ease of use with these tools.

--Breakfast meat; 2 days in a row I had smoked ham; it's almost as good as bacon.

2 comments:

Stan said...

Ham is better than bacon.

cheryl said...

can't wait for the trip!