Monday, May 25, 2009

Release your fears

3 Day Weekend!!! The goals of a 3 day weekend are to ride, ride, and ride. I've managed 2 of 3 days so far. With some rain in the area today, I've scratched the mountain bike ride and hope to get on the road later.

Along with long weekends come busy trails, or so I'm assuming. I met some buddies at Muscatatuck to pre-ride the July race course instead of the nearby favorite Brown County. We surmised that the BCSP trails would be full of riders and hikers. I'm SO glad we went further south as we were the only bikers in the place. The Muscatatuck trails have never been my favorite; in fact, I somewhat dreaded them. They seemed more technical than the other trail systems. (They are NOT more technical.) There is still one section giving me trouble referred to as the V-rock; I'll have to go back soon to conquer it.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda

I've released my fear of this trail, though I still suffered. In the short, 5 mile lap, there is over 1000 feet of climbing! The race calls for 3 laps. My legs will scream, and I will smile with no more fear.

1 comment:

Lindsay Hall-Stec said...

Dang, you figured out my "secret" location for when I want to avoid traffic at BCSP. However, I had to suck it up and join the huddled masses on Saturday (I witnessed an actual traffic jam), because I couldn't afford to extra driving time to a more remote trail.