Saturday, November 28, 2009

Numbers, numbers

Mr. Wonderful and I stayed home this year for Thanksgiving; at first I was sad. But I must admit not spending the $$ and plans to work on the house seemed like a good consolation prize. Unfortunately, he came down with some sickness, so the house progress has been zero. Of course that means PLAY TIME for me (until I get sick, anyway).

I'll summarize in numbers as they were buzzing through my head last night. And NO--I'm not sharing any HR, cadence, or watts numbers. I don't even know where my HR strap is and I don't care right now. Life is good.

  • 7 of the last 8 - days I've exercised. Thanksgiving Day was the exception.
  • 34 - eggs I used in making my famous homemade noodles and awesome molasses cookies.
  • 6.7 - miles in my longest run of this year on Friday. I'm so proud since I've never thought of myself as a runner. I set out feeling awesome and that I could run all day. Thankfully, I had the good sense to turn around when I did!
  • 9.33 - pace in km/hr of the jog above. I'm practicing for my Europe trip. (-; No, it's not a superb pace, but I'm more than pleased. Plus, I think the GPS lies; my treadmill paces are usually slower.
  • 1.5 - molasses cookies I ate on Thanksgiving day (+1 piece of Chocolate Eclair Cake)
  • 7 - # of brothers, sisters, half-brothers, step-brothers, & step-sisters that I have. I saw 3 of them this week.
  • 104 - degrees of the water temp in my hot tub. Ahhhh.
  • 83 - years old is my grandmother.
  • 6.99 - dollars that it took to surprise my grandmother last week with a birthday cake. She was beside herself in having been surprised. Sharing the cake with her card playing buddies the next day, she actually made a long distance call to me to ask where I bought it b/c it was so good. It made my day.
  • 2 - hours of trail work I did today after riding my mountain bike to Wapehani and back home.
  • 17 - the number of large pizzas I wanted to eat after the trail work. I was worried about bonking on the way home since my lunch consisted of an apple, a banana, and 5 shot blocks. Those don't go very far with 30 miles and 2 hours of trail work.
  • 3 - lbs I've lost in 3 weeks by trying not to eat molasses cookies, homemade noodles, and pizza.

And I'm looking forward to another road ride on Sunday providing we can beat the rain. Fingers are crossed!

2 comments:

cheryl said...

if you need help getting rid of molasses cookies, just call me!

Angela said...

I should have brought the remaining cookies on today's ride! Sorry, I didn't even think about it.

What a great ride--my legs were toast after all those hills. Ouch.