Monday, October 5, 2009

New trails at French Lick

Saturday was the opening of Buffalo Trace at French Lick Resort. In an effort to support the private trailbuilding efforts of this tourist destination, I joined more than a dozen fellow riders, including Mike T, to hit the trails on opening day. With great flow, awesome scenery, and some cool rock formations thrown in, it rivaled other trails in the state. Currently the loop is only 6 miles in length (rideable in both clockwise & counter-clockwise directions). Here are some pics of the trail. In the interim, I suggest taking a virtual tour or at least the photo gallery (from menu on left side) of the West Baden and French Lick hotels.

I lifted these photos from HMBA posted by Alex.









Following the ride and subsequent drive home, I started preparing for my family's arrival on Sunday. Cleaning...cooking...more cleaning. I was a tired girl Saturday night. After 8 hours rest, I met the girls at Brown County State Park for some more riding before the parents & grandparents came. Ahhhhh--to be back on the bike. My work schedule has been hectic lately, so I'm relishing my time on 2 wheels. The time will change soon leaving us with darkness approaching an hour earlier in the evenings. This makes me sad as I know I will be on the trainer soon. GET OUTSIDE WHILE YOU CAN!!!!
In the mean time, I'm taking it super easy when I ride or run....stopping to smell the roses as they say. They sure are sweet. Life is still good.

No comments: