Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tulip Trestle Ride

The girls got together for a fabulous road ride on Saturday. There were stretches where I didn't think the ride was so fabulous, though. Cheryl mentioned there was approximately 4000 feet of climbing on this route! Check out her post for some more info on the bridge. She was kind enough to map the route for us on mapmyride which also has the Google Earth view!


We decided to tack on some miles and do some exploring, which is fun when you're in shape. I made the entire ride with only one bit of grouchiness that was outwardly expressed. After passing the viaduct looking for a way back to Bloomington, Cheryl asked, "Wouldn't it be funny if this road came out by the trestle?" My outward reply was, "NO!" My inward reply was, "Funny? Are you serious? Funny? How could you think something like that? Why are you messing with our minds? Why does this hill hurt so much? Why are you making jokes while we're climbing a hill? Don't you have something better to do--like breathe?" Alas, I found some more energy and did not die. After stopping at YoHo's in Solsberry (where we joked we should buy some HoHos and YooHoos), we set out for home--somewhat more quiet than on the way out. Much of the time we were in a single pace line cringing at the thought of being on the front. Or was that just me?

I came home with the good kind of tired in my legs and body wondering what our next adventure will be. I'd like to also mention my awe at Randi who has been riding (and climbing 4000 feet) with a broken collar bone and a tweaked knee. What a champ!

Also wondering how my mom fared in the Indy Nite Ride.

Here are some more pics (not mine) of the train bridge and a link showing even more pics!




1 comment:

cheryl said...

some great pics with the train - it almost looks like a toy train.