Sunday, September 20, 2009

Coming to an end?

As the nights get cooler and the days shorter, the feeling of something ending is ever present. Racing season is officially over for me as I have no more races on the calendar. But the feeling of Summer turning to Autumn always makes me sad. I love Fall; I love the cool nights and rich colors. I hate Winter. And it's that anticipation that has me dreading the end of Summer. For the moment, though, I will enjoy the Fall weather we're having and sleep comfortably.

I rode home from work again last week and took it super slow snapping crappy pics with my phone. When I first learned the route, I was heartbroken every time I came around a corner or topped a hill to find ANOTHER hill--not only one but several undulations. Now I know it makes me strong. In my 42-mile ride home, I have approx 2700 feet of climbing.

One of many views of incessant hills. The downhills are never enough to make it up the other side.


What I would like to see coming to an end is our construction projects. Progressing very well, the building and house are still not finished. I have learned patience with such things. The major tasks at hand include wiring in the building and siding on the house. But for today.....RAIN. Perhaps I'll find a good book and curl up on the couch.

View from the side. Yes, that's an RV, Clark, in the background. It's for sale! No, it's not ours. It showed up while I was in KY last weekend.

The metal is on! I think it looks fantastic.


Back of the house with the new awning and some siding done.

1 comment:

cheryl said...

great progress on the house!

I'm sad for winter too, but I'll try to enjoy fall (I love fall), after this weekend is over.

We can help each other through winter!